We are recruiting new Trustees to join a supportive and professional Board with our existing Board members. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates with any of the following experience: legal experience, financial experience, fundraising experience or experience of effective grant giving.
We ask that trustees have an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship and have an understanding of the work of the Fat Beehive Foundation.
We look forward to hearing from you about the difference you can make.
- Ensuring the charity complies with its governing documents and charitable objectives
- Ensuring the charity complies with the Charity Governance Code and all Charity Commission regulations
- Ensuring the charity’s strategy and activities are fit for purpose
- Participating in Board meetings and additional meetings as required
- Safeguarding the reputation of the organisation
- Commitment to regularly attend board meetings and read papers in advance
- A commitment to impartiality, fairness and confidentiality
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good independent judgement and the willingness to speak their mind
- Ability to work as part of a team and actively contribute to the work of the Fat Beehive Foundation
- A personal style which is challenging and constructive while incorporating tact, diplomacy and respect for others
All Trustees need certain qualities such as integrity and commitment, however, not every Trustee will need to have the full range of experience needed by the whole board. The Board endeavours to include the diverse range of skills, experience and knowledge needed to run the charity effectively.
We want to support smaller charities to reach and support more people through digital. The impact of the pandemic, cost of living crisis and reduced core funding means online service provision is vital to small charities..
Diversity and Inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and Integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organisation.
If you’re interested in becoming a Fat Beehive Foundation Trustee, and have the skills and experience to help further develop our organisation, please apply via the form below:
Trustee application form
The Fat Beehive Foundation is an equal opportunities organisation and is committed to creating an inclusive work culture that reflects and celebrates our diverse world. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age.
We recognise our duty as an organisation to foster an environment that embraces diversity and are constantly reviewing our practices to become even more inclusive as an organisation. We also recognise that certain groups in our industry are under-represented – we welcome applications from all who meet the role’s requirements and are making efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates to combat the lack of representation.